These are the instructions to extract files from the system.img (found in MTK based android stock Rom or Custom Rom) or from any .img file using ext4 tool on Windows Computer.
Extract files from System.img found in Android Rom
- Download and extract Ext4 Unpacker tool on your Windows Computer. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Download and extract ext2explore tool on your Windows Computer. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Download and extract the MTK based ROM (For Example: download micromax a200 firmware which contains system.img file) on your computer (If you have already downloaded and extracted the ROM on your computer then SKIP this step).
- Now, Open Ext4_Unpacker.exe (found in the files you have downloaded in Step#1).
- Once Ext4_Unpacker.exe is launched, click on the folder icon and locate the System.img file or any .img file you want to extract.
- Once Image file is loaded, click on the the Save as Ext4 button.
- Now, choose the location where you want to save the .ext4 file (example: save it to the desktop) and then press Save button.
- Now, you have to wait for few minutes while the ext4 image is being unpacked.
- Now, Open ext2explore (extracted in Step#2) and select the .ext4 file that you have saved on the desktop.
Step 10: Now, highlight the file you just have imported in EXT2Explore and then press the “Save” button.
Step 11: Select where you want the unpacked system files to be placed.
Step 12: After that Ext2explore will extract the system files on your computer (it may take couple of minutes to complete).
Congratulations, you have successfully extracted the system.img file on your computer.
 You can find system.img file in the MTK based android firmware. We have already shared lots of firmware on FirmwareFile.com, many of them are MTK based.
 Alternative Method: You can also use MTK Extractor to extract the contents of system.img, boot.img, recovery.img file.