These are the instructions to flash or install Sony Xperia Firmware (ROM) on any Sony Xperia Smartphone and Tablet using the Sony Mobile Flasher Tool.
Requirements: Your device should have at least 30-40 percent of the phone battery to perform the flashing process.
How to install .ftf Firmware on Xperia Devices
- Download and install Sony Xperia USB Driver on the computer (if you have already installed the USB driver on the computer then, SKIP this step).
- Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware (ROM) on the computer. After extracting the firmware, you will be able to see the following files:
- Download and install Sony Mobile Flasher on the computer. If you have already Installed the Sony Mobile Flasher, then SKIP the step.
- Once Sony Mobile Flasher is installed, Open It (C:drive > FlashTool).
- Once Sony Mobile Flasher is launched, you will be able to see following screen:
- Now, Click on Flash Button.
- Now, you will able to see the Bootmode Chooser dialog box. Select Flashmode and Click on OK button.
- Now, Click on the Load button and locate the Xperia Firmware (ftf file).
- Select the loaded firmware.
- Click on Flash Button to begin the Flashing process.
- Turn OFF your Sony Xperia Device.
- Press and Hold Volume Down button and Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once your device is successfully connected to the computer, you will be able to see Added message in the Sony Mobile Flasher tool.
- Now, Flashing will begin automatically and may take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once Flashing process is completed, disconnect the device from the computer and Turn it ON.
 Data Loss Process: Flashing Stock Firmware using the Sony Mobile Flasher tool will delete your personal data from the device. So, take a backup of your personal data before following the above tutorial.
 Sony Xperia Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Sony Xperia Stock Firmware page.
 Sony Xperia USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Sony Xperia USB Driver page.
 Credits: Sony Mobile Flasher Tool is created by androxyde (developer). So, full credit goes to him for creating the application.