These are the instructions to root and unroot Xiaomi Mi4 Smartphone without using any Root Application (can be done through the device also).
Requirements: Your Xiaomi Mi4 smartphone should have at least 20 percent of device battery or more to begin the root process.
How to root Xiaomi Mi4
Download Xiaomi Mi4 Developer Rom on your computer or on your smartphone.
- Now, rename the downloaded zip file as “update.zip“.
- If you have downloaded the Xiaomi Mi 4 Developer Rom on your computer then move it to the root of your smartphone sd memory using the usb cable.
- Now, On your Xiaomi Mi 4 Smartphone Select Updater.
- Now, hit the Menu key and select Reboot to the recovery mode.
- Once you have booted into the Mi Recovery, use UP-Down key for navigation and Power Key to select.
- Under the Main Menu, Select Wipe and Reset > Wipe Cache > Yes.
- Once, Wipe Cache completed, tab on the back key.
- Now, Under Main menu > Select install update.zip.
- Now, Confirm install update.zip > Yes.
- Now, update process will take place.
Step 12: Once Update process is completed, Tab on the Back key > Reboot > Reboot to System One.
- Once your Device is restarted > Open Security > Permissions > Enable Root Permission.
How to unroot Xiaomi Mi4
- Download Xiaomi Mi4 Stable Rom (zip) on your computer or on your smartphone.
- Follow the above tutorial from Step#2 to Step#12.
 The Developer and Stable Rom we have shared on this page is officially provided by Xiaomi. Developer Rom is always meant to get the root access.
 No Warranty Void: Rooting comes under warranty for all Xiaomi Devices, means your warranty will not be void if you root your device.
 Xiaomi Stock ROM: If you are looking for the Original Stock Firmware, then head over to the Xiaomi Stock ROM page.
 Xiaomi USB Driver: If you are looking for the Original USB Driver, then head over to the Xiaomi USB Driver page.
 Xiaomi Flash Tool: If you are looking for the Official Xiaomi Flash Tool then head over to the Download Xiaomi Flash Tool page.